- FSB Regulated
- $100 minimum deposit
- Negative balance protection
- No dealing desk execution
- Very secure deposit and withdrawal features
- Mobile platform version
- Hedging allowed
- The “platforms within a platform” features can be complicated for beginners
- Occasional platform freezes reported
Since FXpro has four main platforms available, we’ll touch on the main type of account you can have under each platform, MT4, MT5, cTrader and FxPro Markets. FxPro does offer you a demo account, regardless of the type of platform you choose.
- MT4 Account: With the MetaTrader 4 platform account, you have to deposit a minimum of $100 to become active. However, there are a lot of features to take advantage of here, like hedging, trailing stop, pending orders, OCO orders (one-cancels-others), one-click trading, mobile trading, automated trading, and much more. Plus you’ll receive high leverage – 1:500 on Forex and Futures. I would recommend this account/platform to any new trader.
- MT5 Account: FxPro now offers an MT5 account for traders who are ready to move on to the new version of the platform. While most traders have continued to stay with the MT4 platform, there is nothing holding you back from staying with the MT4 platform at FxPro. The only major difference between the MT4 and MT5 accounts at FxPro is that the MT5 account does not offer a fixed spread option.
- cTrader Account: With an account on this platform, you have entered the equivalent of “high-rollers” territory on FxPro. With this account, you’ll receive pretty much all of the features of an MT4 account, plus you can trade via API, receive overnight interest rates, track orders better, and you get to trade with 54 currency pairs. However, the spreads here are variable instead of fixed. With the cTrader account, clients can trade forex, spot indices, spot energies and also spot metals. Besides the difference in the platform, the spreads are tightest on this platform.
- FxPro Markets: This is the account for those who don’t want to download and install software. The trading conditions are the same as the MT5 account (without floating spreads) and it a fully browser-based experience. The only noticeable difference is the platform does not offer algorithmic trading, but if you are an advanced trader in need of this functionality, you are probably already using MT4 anyway.
FxPro wins awards every few months. Some of the recent ones include:
- Best FX Service Provider 2018 – City of London Wealth Management Awards
- Best FX Provider 2018 – Online Personal Wealth Awards
- Best Forex Provider 2017 – Investors Chronicle & Financial Times Investment and Wealth Management Awards
- Best MT5 Broker, 2017 – UK Forex Awards
For a full list of awards, click here.
Unique Selling Points
- Spreads available from 0 Pips (EUR/USD)
- Multiple platforms available
- Streamlined Trader Dashboard feature
- Incredible support options across the board
- A total of 10 trading platforms
- Segregated accounts
- Phone trading available
- Mobile platform version with MT4 Mobile
- Hedging allowed
FxPro takes trading a more seriously than some. They offer four quality platforms to traders, giving you far more options to choose from. Their website is also overflowing with valuable information on the market and links to quality Forex-specific sites. Along with their quality support, FxPro has received numerous awards as a broker.
Founded in 2006 and operating out of Cyprus and headquartered in London, FxPro is a broker making a big impression on traders. FxPro is geared toward traders who already have a little experience with the MT4 and cTrader platforms, but in terms of a feature-rich package offered by a broker, it’s one of the most thorough out there.