Forex trading can go either very well for you, or very bad, and it all depends on how much you have studied. After many emails asking for tips on how to trade, and how to get started trading forex, we have happy to announce that we are going to build out our Forex university – a section of this website filled with articles from beginner basics to the advanced strategies in trading – with the goal of making YOU a better trader. It is broken into three sections depending on where you are in your trading career.
Learn How to trade Forex in South Africa:
This is the basic introduction you need to get started trading in South Africa. Everything you need to feel comfortable that you are doing everything correctly and legally.
- Forex trading is legal in South Africa
- How to fund overseas forex accounts from your South African bank account?
- Tax Implications for South African Forex traders Who Reside in South Africa
- A list of Forex trading classes in located in South Africa
- MetaTrader 4 – A Complete Guide
Forex Trading Fundamentals:
Next up, we have a section that every new trader should read through and take notes from. Once you have chosen a forex broker, and funded the account, these articles will give you a basic understanding of how to manage your account and your risk, and keep your capital base growing. Articles include:
- How does Forex trading work?
- What is a Pip?
- Risk management in Forex trading
- Developing a Trading Plan
- Charts – Understanding Bar Charts, Volume & Time Comparisons
- Charts – Understanding Double-Tops and Double-Bottoms
- Dow Theory
- Technical Analysis vs. Fundamental Analysis
- Tom-Next and Adjustments
- Commodity Channel Breakouts Strategy
Advanced Trading Strategy:
If you are a more advanced trader and you are looking to get more of an edge in your trading, or you want to learn some more detailed strategy, this is your section. These articles are written from my experience in trading, and I also work to provide examples to illustrate conclusions and make it the ideas easier for traders to implement. Articles in this section include:
- Pivot Points
- Forex Momentum
- Trading Forex Gaps
- Memory of Price Strategy
- Turn Trade Strategy
- Multiple Time Frame Strategy & Analysis
- Trading the Non-Farm Payroll Report
- Long-term Trading Strategy with the COT Report
- Long-term Trading Strategy with Open Interest
- How to Establish a Directional Bias
- Gold and The Aussie Correlation
- An introduction to the Elliot Wave Principle
Currency Pair Analysis:
Here is some pair analysis that can help you learn the background of these currencies and teach you how to trade them.
- EURUSD – with live charts, seasonal fluctuations, and historical analysis.
This is where we are for now. If you have questions please write us, and we will do our best to answer those questions you have. Remember that any advice that you read here, or on this website overall is at your own risk. Forex trading is a risk management business and sometimes you can win, and sometimes lose. Don’t risk more than you can afford to lose.