Forex trading can go either very well for you, or very bad, and it all depends on how much you have studied. After many emails asking for tips on how to trade, and how to get started trading forex, we have happy to announce that we are going to build out our Forex university – a section of this website filled with articles from beginner basics to the advanced strategies in trading – with the goal of making YOU a better trader. It is broken into three sections depending on where you are in your trading career.
Introduction to Forex Trading
- How do legally fund a Forex account from South Africa
- How does Forex trading work?
- Creating a Trading Plan
- 7 Vital Forex Trading Tips for Beginners
- What are the Forex trading hours?
- Tax Implications for South African Forex traders Who Reside in South Africa
- A list of Forex trading classes located in South Africa
Learning the vocabulary
- What is a Pip?
- What are Lots and Leverage?
- What is Equity & Margin?
- What is Stop Loss and Take Profit?
- What is Short Selling?
- What is Scalping?
- What is Hedging?
- What are Tom-Next Adjustments?
An analysis is fundamental to how we decide which trades we make. There are different ways to do analysis – fundamental analysis that considers news events, technical analysis which is analyzing charts and data, and sentiment analysis which analyzes market psychology.
- Dow Theory – Introduction to Technical Analysis
- Charts – Bar Charts, Volume & Time Comparisons
- Charts – Double-Tops and Double-Bottoms
- What is Price Action Trading?
- Pivot Points
- How to Establish a Directional Bias
- Commodity Channel Breakouts
- Forex Momentum
- Trading Forex Gaps
- Multiple Time Frame Strategy & Analysis
- An introduction to the Elliot Wave Principle
- The USD/ZAR Carry Trade
- Long-term Trading Strategy with the COT Report
- Long-term Trading Strategy with Open Interest
- Fade a Move Strategy in Forex Trading
- Taking Advantage of Fakeouts in Forex Trading
- Forex Stop Hunt Strategy
- The Memory of Price Strategy
- Turn Trade Strategy
- Gold and The Aussie Correlation
Forex Trading Tools:
Currency Pair Analysis:
Here is some pair analysis that can help you learn the background of these currencies and teach you how to trade them.
- EURUSD – with live charts, seasonal fluctuations, and historical analysis.
This is where we are for now. If you have questions please write us, and we will do our best to answer those questions you have. Remember that any advice that you read here, or on this website overall is at your own risk. Forex trading is a risk management business and sometimes you can win, and sometimes lose. Don’t risk more than you can afford to lose.